TITLE: Operation Supervisor
FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of his/her immediate supervisor, the position is responsible for a variety of unskilled, manual tasks and duties. These tasks and duties, usually physical in nature, require the use of simple tools and equipment.
1) Operates equipment such as chain saws, weed eaters, trimmers, push/self propelled lawn mowers, light trucks,
2) Performs routine manual tasks such as: planting and weeding and maintaining flowers, shrubs, trees, and planters and litter pickup; sweeping and cleaning; unloading and moving of supplies; cutting, weeding, raking, boulevards and lawns;
3) Assists other personnel to carry out their responsibilities.
4) Other related duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATION:
1) Hold a valid B.C. Drivers License
2) Completion of 10th grade.
3) Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisor position
1) Must be physically capable of carrying out assigned duties in all weather conditions.
2) Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form, in English, with other employees, supervisors and the general public.
1) BC Pesticides Applicators Certificate
2) Knowledge in Turf Maintenance and Horticulture
3) Some administrative ability