Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the supervision and direction of Laboratory Analysts in performing lab duties as required. This includes responsibility for recruitment of new employees, setting objectives, evaluating performance & expectations, working jointly with employees in the development of their career path, ensuring that adequate training is provided.
- Coordinate the method development of any laboratory procedures deemed necessary for the expansion of the current scope of analysis capabilities.
- Maintain and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Operations Manager through weekly / monthly lab meetings and day-to-day activities.
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment for employees.
- Provide technical assistance to staff.
* Please note that this position is located in Grande Prairie, Alberta***
This position includes:
- Medical Benefits (including Vision) and Dental Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- Flex Days
- BSc in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a laboratory environment. Hands on experience with relevant laboratory instrumentation required (some examples include: Ion Chromatography, GC/FID, GC/MS, Spectrometry, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, etc...)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience at a senior level in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Excellent understanding of the quality requirements of ISO certification.
- Skills: problem solving, communication, coaching, organization, time management, and recruitment.
- Commitment to the production of accurate and timely results as our clients have come to rely on us for.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants, however only candidates that meet the position requirements will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.