Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
Providing clean cutlery, dishware, and culinary equipment for the hotel using industrial grade dishwashing machinery and equipment. Upkeeping the overall cleanliness of the dishwashing area and relative kitchen space. Working side by side with Culinary team assisting with prep duties when possible.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Stewarding Supervisor and Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Provide clean dishes, cutlery, baking & buffet equipment
- Operate industrial grade cleaning machinery and tools
- Exposure to food service grade chemical cleaning supplies
- Ensure clean and sanitary conditions of dishwashing areas and relative kitchen spaces
- Assist with culinary prep duties and adhere to requests by culinary CDP, Sous, and Executive Chefs
- Work in humid and hot environments
- Team-based environment working in two to three staffing areas for short to long periods of time
- General cleaning - mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, cleansing, polishing
- Rotating shift work with repetitive motions
- Education or previous cleaning or food and beverage experience in a fast paced environment is an asset, but not required
- Self motivated with excellent communication skills
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including pushing, pulling, bending, heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
- Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to reach height of 6 feet to store equipment on a regular basis is a requirement of the job.
- Able to lift up equipment up to 50lbs often during the work day
- Able to stand up for up to 5 hour period
- Able to push and pull heavy equipment up to 500lbs
Rate of Pay:
Starting rate of pay $13.26
6 month rate of pay $14.35
Subsidized staff accomodation is available
Benefits include: Dental, Vision, Medical and Supplemental Health
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Location: This position is located at 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Alberta T0L 1E0
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!