Branch Shop Technician
Competition Number: LM00818
Location: Calgary, BC
Number of Positions Available: 1
Closing Date: Remains open until further notice
Leavitt Machinery is seeking a replacement Shop Technician for our service team in Calgary. As a Shop Technician, you will be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of Materials Handling equipment including Forklifts and Aerial Work Platforms.
Job Description Details
Reporting to the Service Manager, your core job will be promoting customer growth and developing new accounts:
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor or PSSR on each job
- Ensuring high quality repairs
- Fill out work order forms for each job and submit on a daily basis
- Complete all necessary warranty paperwork as instructed by the warranty administrator
- In the event of a safety incident, complete all necessary paperwork as laid out in the Leavitt Safety Program
- Track and follow-up on parts for ongoing jobs
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure that parts orders are correct before attempting to install.
- Heavy-Duty/ Commercial Transport Journeyperson certificate
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and electrical schematics and systems
- Previous Aerial & Lift Truck experience
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills and professional
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and minimal supervision
- A good reference for your skill abilities
- Both male and female candidates can succeed in this role.
It is our policy to contact only those candidates that we believe will be successful fit for our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease, finance,...