The Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of natural gas engines and compressors. The Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs. Other duties may be assigned as required. Experience working on forklift and other warehouse material handling equipment is an asset.
Accountability and Dependability
Planning and Organizing
- Provide service for natural gas engines and compressors.
- Provide routine maintenance as well as engine and compressor overhauls.
- Perform customer rebuilds.
- Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Diagnose defects in warehouse material handling equipment and heavy duty trucks.
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required.
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units.
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards.
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
- Install and align engines and machinery.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
- Instruct apprentices.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
Must hold a Journeyman's certificate, or have Red Seal.
Possess a valid driver's license.
Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics.
Experience with routine maintenance operations.
Able to work well under pressure.
Strong attention to detail.
Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
Hazards associated with the trade.
We offer competitive wages and comprehensive benefits packages.
This position is Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. in an in-town, repair shop environment.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -