The successful candidate will be responsible for direct implementation of Covenant House philosophy, mission statement, and policies as they pertain to the Vocational Services Department.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Conduct labour market research as it relates to youth unemployment to identify relevant sectors to target for job development
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that will result in meeting established placement and employment targets in these sectors
- Conduct an assessment of the needs of the employer to ensure that youth are adequately trained and prepared
- Negotiate placement agreements and contracts between the employer, the agency and the youth
- Create and maintain a database / inventory of employers for our youth
- Coordinate information sessions, promotional and recognition events for employers
- Work collaboratively with Cooking for Life job training staff to ensure program design and training is consistent with employer needs
- Provide job coaching and support to participants and employers in the placement/work setting
- Develop and facilitate pre-employment life skills workshops to participants
- Monitor the participants skill development during training and address issues with the employer as required
- Provide support to youth following placement to address job maintenance issues
- Represent Covenant House on external committees, network meetings and coordinate with other agencies when employment opportunities arise
- Track job development outcomes in a monthly statistics report and assist with other administrative tasks
Minimum two years experience in job development/sales/marketing; Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business or other related field; Experience working with populations who experience barriers to employment; Ability to travel throughout the GTA to connect with Employers; Demonstrated knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards Act and Workplace Safety; Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel, Intranet and database management skills.
Interested applicants please forward your resume along with a cover letter to the Human Resources Department by January 18, 2013.
Please include Job Developer in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Covenant House Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.