- Participate on a team developing user interfaces for a browser based solution.
- Creation and maintenance of application code that meets design specifications, follows Cayenta standards, and is easy to maintain, including documentation.
- Code review for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the requirements.
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
- Participate in product and technical direction/design discussions.
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
- Ability to estimate work as requested.
- Great communication skills, that includes ability to communicate with internal and external people as changes occur in tasks assigned
- Customer-service oriented
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with User interface design principles including task-centered design, UI patterns, usability heuristics, and information architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in software application development using the following languages:
- Experience using ExtJS is preferred but not necessary
- Mobile Application development experience is desirable
- Scrum and Agile practices experience
- J2EE: JMS, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, Servlet, JSP, JAXP, Struts, Spring, Hibernate
- Networking: TCP/UDP, Multi-threading, Concurrency
- Servers: Apache Tomcat
- Utilities: Jira, Spiratest, Jenkins
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
- Operating systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
- Development tools: IntelliJIDEA, Subversion , Toad
Indeed - 14 months ago