This role will provide oversight and technical leadership for solution design efforts across the TES-ESI portfolio. In this capacity, the position will include consulting with all members of our Technology Solutions team: Architecture (Solutions Architect, Enterprise Data Architect and Infrastructure Architects), TES, TRM&IS, as well as our business and technology partners. Focus will be on delivery of technology solutions that meet business needs and further the enterprise mandate of TES while adhering to key principals such as data security, bank technology standards, and supportability.
· Oversight and delivery of a consistent approach toward all design activities
· Project work estimation at the design phase and/or oversight of estimates by others
· Collaboration with business and technology partners to understand technology needs, document and communicate ESI delivery options and support associated vendor engagements
· Collaboration with TES-ESI vendor, Ab Initio
· Mentoring of TES-ESI team members, providing strong technical leadership
· Collaboration with our Application Architect in establishing application level blueprints
· Collaboration with Infrastructure Architects and other ITS resources (DBA, Middleware, etc.)
· Providing ongoing insight into other technologies available at TDBG
· Develop, implement, maintain and improve solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/effectiveness and minimize/prevent problems/issues.
· Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) by participating in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
· Support IT Manager in developing business cases, RFI, RFP and service level agreements with vendors/suppliers.
· Expert knowledge of AIX, DB2 and ETL
· Experience with Ab Initio an asset
· Strong knowledge of the ESI application and infrastructure an asset
· Knowledge of technical solutions outside of ESI but utilizing ESI services (e.g. EDW/BDW, AML, Watchlist, etc.) an asset
· Highly motivated individual with a track record of success in implementing technical solutions
· Understanding of industry trends in ETL and the technologies and strategies in place at TD
· Enterprise view of TD systems in support of data analysis
· Firm grasp of data security concepts and technologies
· Creative thinker with strong technical, conceptual and problem solving skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and often changing environment
· Embraces change and the ability to acquire new technical and analytical skills
· Strong communicator with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· Strong listening and influencing skills to foster an open, innovative and responsive environment and to drive change
· Proven ability to work at a detailed level while being able to articulate clear ideas and messaging for senior management
· Committed to ensuring the right approach in all design, facilitating alignment through collaboration and leadership
· Expert ability to develop design documentation for end-to-end solutions, with adherence to TDBG standards and attention to project milestones and quality
· Ability to work on multiple projects with teams that may be split between Mississauga, London and other locations
· Ability to occasionally travel as required between work locations
· Experience with TD’s SDLC lifecycle
· Responsible for contributing to status reporting, HR and administrative items