As a Field Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical and logistical support at our client locations. You will also act as a liaison between our clients and our Command Center team. You must be passionate about technology, crave responsibility, and be eager to apply your accumulated knowledge to real world situations, both for our existing client base and hosting operations.
You will be reporting to the Service Manager, who will work with you to determine goals and priorities.
You will participate in a quarterly review to assess progress on these goals and priorities.
You will play an important role in our busy Mission Control, working with the Command Center Team to support, troubleshoot and maintain business networking environment for our successful clients.
Your primary daily interactions will be interfacing with our clients and other members of our network operations team. You will also interface frequently with 3rd party vendors for manufacturer support. You will also interface from time to time with the Professional Services team for participation in project initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities
You will provide on-site support at our client locations for basic technical problems like building Windows workstations or installing/configuring applications. You will also be responsible for submitting tickets on behalf of our clients to the Command Centre team.
You will be working primarily in the field, based out of our Mission Control in downtown Edmonton, AB. It is anticipated that approximately 90% of your time will be spent on-site at client locations with the remaining 10% spent inside Mission Control. You will also participate in regular team meetings.
You must be an "A" player, join a family of "A" players
A valid Driver’s License
1-3 years of experience in a similar role and seeking a challenge
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, inspire those around you
Incredible attention to detail, passion for punctuation, OCD preferred
Desire for continuous improvement, but already a rock star
Desktop / Application Support - knowledge and experience with Windows-based workstations (hardware and operating system). Expert with Microsoft Office and knowledge of other applications desirable. How do you deal with a slow computer? If someone can't get on the network, what do you do?
People Skills - You must be an excellent listener, able to decipher/translate requests from non-technical users and determine the best course of action to make them happy. You need to know your own limitations and know when you are in over your head. You need to be diplomatic and be extremely comfortable "under fire". You should be a calm and methodical person but extremely good at multi-tasking and a high output worker.