GMR MARKETING: THE INTERN EXPERIENCE
Founded in 1979, GMR Marketing is a global full-service marketing agency that specializes in Sports, Interactive and Mobile Marketing. Still fresh on the scene within the Canadian industry, we’re known for our strategic thinking, innovative solutions, and creative executions.
The people who join GMR are looking to make an impact on the marketing landscape in Canada and, as a result, to drive their own careers. The expectations are high, but the opportunities are endless.
We regularly boast about our awesome office culture and the people and brands we work with. Our unique internship program isn’t any different. We’ve specifically designed the program to create a learning experience that will be challenging, interesting, and give you the real perspective on what it’s like to work in a quickly growing agency. We’ve started boasting about our internship program because the experience here isn’t like the one you could get anywhere else.
Want us to prove it? Go ahead, apply.
Brief Position Summary
As part of our internship program you’ll be side by side with our account teams, and will be involved in internal projects, program planning, and event execution. You’ll see the development of experiential programs from start to finish. As part of the program, we also want you to understand the bigger picture by attending agency wide meetings, having insight discussions with the rookie orientation committee, and coffee dates with our senior leadership team.
Through our program, you’ll gain an understanding of best practices in the following areas: Client Services, Strategic Planning, The Creative Process, Event Logistics & Execution and Reporting.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participating in meetings with assigned account team
- Building internal and client facing documents
- Actively engaging in brainstorm and planning sessions
- Participating in staffing meetings
- Attending event executions
- Participating in all aspects of program planning, from logistics, to research, to budgets, to event staff
- Participating in corporate training opportunities
- Participating in weekly mentor meeting
Who You Are
- You are excited to learn as much as possible about agency life
- You have excellent composition skills, writing skills and attention to detail
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain a positive attitude and professionalism
- You have experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please reply with your resume and cover letter to apply!