arvato is breaking open digital content distribution.
Leading the market's evolution from dependency on proprietary channels and outsourced e-commerce sales models, arvato enables the first and only open, neutral and efficient network for online digital content distribution. arvato brings global retailers and publishers together, giving them trusted control, to reach an expanded global community of millions of customers, efficiently and securely. arvato digital services llc is a division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the foremost media companies
in the world.
- You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the core electronic software distribution system.
- Design - based on business requirement definitions, produce standardized and detailed technical specifications.
- Project Delivery - work within time constraints to meet deadlines. Identify and communicate issues with project deliveries.
- Write maintainable code in a professional software engineering environment
- Work with QA to provide an understanding of new application features and participate in the review of test plans
- Work in a team environment to implement projects using tools such as: Visual Studio 2010, SVN, wiki and whiteboards.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years application development experience
- In-depth knowledge of the .NET framework and development experience in .NET for the past 2+ years, primarily in C#. Experience with .NET 3.x technologies (WCF, LINQ) and .NET 4.
- Good understanding of relational database technology; experience with SQL Server database design and stored procedures development
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and principles, including design patterns and reusability
- Understanding of factors that influence application performance and scalability
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Additional .NET technologies experience including ClickOnce, Silverlight and WPF
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience with test and build automation
- Experience with external system integrations
- Experience with agile development methodologies
If your career plans include a creative working environment with a view to the future (along with a fabulous view of the Vancouver Harbour and mountains) send reply to this ad using "Intermediate Software Developer” in the subject line
Or apply at https://myjobs-en.becruiter.net/jobagent/profitcenter/job_details.aspx?jobid=228674&jb=indeed&profitcenter=arvato