Intermediate Graphic Designer (One Year Contract)
Carlton Cards – Canada’s #1 Greeting Card Company is looking for an experienced
Graphic Designer for a one-year contract.
Reporting to the Sr. Graphic Designer the Intermediate Graphic Designer works in collaboration with the Graphic Design and Marketing teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Creative design of top quality promotions, advertising, event collateral, retail POP, signage and corporate communications
- Drive projects from conception to final pre-press with an understanding of litho, screen and digital printing processes
- Take concepts that have been created and prepare them for production while ensuring that design specifications have been maintained
- Keep up-to-date files by ensuring that copies of artwork are saved and stored according to company policies and procedures
- Complete administrative duties as they pertain to projects
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in corporate, signage or promotional design
- Strong typography skills
- Consumer Packaged Goods Industry experience is a definite asset
- Print production knowledge and expertise
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced corporate environment, all the while maintaining priorities and meeting strict deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Expert proficiency with PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXPress and MS Office
- Multimedia experience is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills as well as effective time management skills.
- Capable of working independently and within a dynamic team of designers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are among the most suitable for the position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.
We encourage applications from all designated groups. No agencies or phone calls, please. While we appreciate all responses, we must advise only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please email your resume with 3 to 5 samples of your work by January 23, 2013.
Carlton Cards Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Greetings and is Canada's largest greeting card company.