Do you enjoy working in an environment that fosters creativity and innovation, while allowing you the opportunity to collaborate with savvy and ingenious teams internationally? Are you a self-starter who enjoys sharing your ideas with other professionals, and has an interest in agriculture or farming? If you’re the kind of person who is excited at being exposed to unique and diverse projects, then this role is for you!
On behalf of our client, one of the largest and well established manufacturers of portable and stationary grain-handling, storage and conditioning equipment, we are recruiting for an Intermediate Design Engineer based in Winnipeg.
This role will be suited to individuals who have experience in manufacturing and design, have an interest in agriculture, are looking to work for a company that will cultivate their career and has ample room for growth. Working directly under the Research and Development Manager, the Intermediate Design Engineer will assist in developing and testing standards, testing procedures, product specifications and design standards. The engineer will also collaborate with different divisions on the design of new grain handling, storage and conditioning equipment within the product lines.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Work with modern and up-to-date technology.
- Diverse and unique projects.
- Compensation for professional training.
- Lots of room for growth with 14 divisions around the globe.
- Assist in developing and testing standards, testing procedures, product specifications and design standards.
- Perform analysis, testing and other routine engineering activities in relation to grain handling, storage and conditioning products.
- Improve and expand the product lines through continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Ensure compliance with divisional and corporate engineering standards, procedures, and protocols.
- Work with engineering compliance team to ensure products meet engineering standards and product documentation is complete and accurate.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Divisional manufacturing engineering teams when required.
- Ensuring urgency and accuracy on critical activities such as the development and maintenance of drawings, bill of material, and specifications within the product line.
- Support sales and customer service with technical expertise, product training, and troubleshooting.
Skills & Qualifications
- A post-secondary degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, P. Eng designation is preferred.
- At least 5 to 7 years of engineering experience in equipment manufacturing industry. Background including experience using complex file systems, Engineering Product Data Management (EPDM), and other product development systems and processes within an engineering environment will be an asset.
- Must have good time management, organizational and personal relation skills.
- Able to exercise good judgment, initiative & a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong computer skills and excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software, working on large complex models and drawings.
- An effective communicator and leader who can work with all levels of management, cross functional teams, and non-supervisory employees to execute the projects in a timely manner.
- Able to be hands on with prototype assembly and testing when required.
- Able to travel globally (primarily North America), approximately 30% of the year for up to two weeks at a time, assisting new product development engineering teams in other divisions.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but will at times require travel to other divisions, customers, or vendors, so a valid driver’s license and passport are required.
This role will also appeal to an individual who enjoys design and innovation, and who has an understanding of agriculture and farming. If you have strong organizational and communication skills, and enjoy working with a variety of teams in different environments and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply to this ad.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. We proudly serve and respond to the needs of our clients...