About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading Property and Casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, automobile, recreational vehicle, group and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the world's sixth-largest insurance group, the company has more than 3,000 employees, 25 locations and 1,700 independent broker partners. Aviva Canada and its employees invest in positive change including through the Aviva Community Fund and Eva's Initiatives, its partner in Aviva's global Street to School program to help homeless and other at-risk youth reach their potential.
For more information visit AvivaCanada.com, our blog or our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Intermediate Commerical Auto Underwriter
This role is focused on maximizing broker satisfaction whenever contact is made with brokers focused on commercial automobile. It requires demonstrated underwriting abilities in support of commercial automobile midmarket business including fleets, garage and individually rated vehicle exceptions all within a broader authority level. Be accountable for production goals and targets. Be a representative of a strong, national brand to our broker partners and the wider insurance community.Our team is expected to deliver an exceptional broker experience.
Some of the duties include:
· Underwrite mid-market automobile risks including new business, renewals and endorsements. This will incorporate producing profitable new business and servicing the existing portfolio
· Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and individual authority levels
· Post claims underwriting (ie loss reports)
· Review and up-date reports and logs, and document actions taken
· Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within capping and deviation authority limits
· Interact with brokers for all transactions
Support team environment by working closely with P&C underwriters as well as other auto team members
Coaching more junior staff when required
Participate in broker training, including presentations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· University Degree
· Recognized insurance program or degree
· Min. 3 - 5 years Commercial Lines auto Underwriting Experience
· In process of completing CIP
· Strong negotiation skills
Strong communications skills
Champions of respect and responsibility