Endako Mines, A Joint Venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. and Sojitz Moly Resources, Inc is currently recruiting a full-time Industrial Instrumentation Journeyman or Technician.
Endako Mines is a 55,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake. This allows our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast. In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12. There is a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians. For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at www.endakomines.com or www.thompsoncreekmetals.com. For more information on our village, visit http://stuartnechako.ca/fraser-lake/.
Our full-time employees receive a competitive wage and benefit package that includes moving expense assistance. Both company and private rental accommodations are available locally at reasonable rates.
This position will require the successful candidate to re-locate to the Fraser Lake area.
Duties will include:
- Consult manufacturer’s manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments.
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts.
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance work and complete tests and maintenance reports.
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes.
- Consult with and advise process operators.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Instrument Technologists’ Diploma or Interprovincial Journeyman Certificate (Instrumentation).
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience with PLC and HMI control systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Industrial process experience.