Tarpon is searching for an Instrumentation Manager to join our Electrical & Controls team in Dawson Creek, BC The Instrumentation Manager is primarily responsible for managing instrumentation projects with a continuous focus on safety, cost control and client satisfaction. In addition, this position requires an individual who has a history of producing quality work with attention to detail, in order to meet and exceed client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors costs, productivity, and scheduling associated with the branch and area operations.
- Supervises team employees and contractors to enhance/improve skill levels; train and mentor direct reports.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external suppliers, Tarpon managers and customers.
- Examines new opportunities and works closely with Branch and Area Managers to enhance and grow theDawson Creek area business.
- Participates in the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Reviews monthly safety summaries and perform site inspections within assigned area.
- Adheres to and facilitates implementation of all environment, health and safety standards; “zero tolerance” is our Tarpon standard and it is our expectation that all employees are committed to this level of excellence.
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
- 5+ years Instrumentation Technician experience.
- Must have a current Journeyman Instrumentation Ticket.
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience.
- Previous Oil and Gas experience is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- The ambition to grow the instrumentation business in the designated area.
- Travel is required for this role.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a full benefits plan that is effective on the first day of employment and a matching RRSP program. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
To apply for this posting, http://tarponenergy.hgcareers.com/js/
Indeed - 18 months ago
Tarpon Energy Services Ltd. is a leading supplier of electrical and instrumentation services, control systems and steel building solutions....