For more than 40 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes an alumni of thousands of successful graduates.
CDI Surrey Campus is seeking a Social Services Worker Youth Specialist Instructor. The Instructor will provide students the skills and knowledge needed for a career in the community social services field, specifically working with at-risk youth. Topics of instruction will focus on Canada’s social welfare systems, violence, gangs and addiction in youth.
The Social Services Worker Youth Specialist Instructor is responsible for leveraging their expertise and experience to deliver education services to students through:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods to promote student success
- Monitoring and discussing students’ progress with them individually and as a group
- Assigning and posting grades
- Participating in the development and evaluation of curriculum and instructional materials
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following education, experience and competencies:
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized University or College relating to the area of instruction
- Minimum two years of related practical work experience
- Teaching experience and/or possession of a credential an adult education considered an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation and group facilitation skills
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire students
For more information about our college, please visit http://www.cdicollege.ca/
Apply at http://www.cdicollege.ca/about-cdi/employment-opportunities/