Instructor, Food Processing Management
Food Sciences Centre
St. Paul Regional Service Centre
Full-time term position ending June 2014
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Portage College is actively seeking an experienced food processing subject matter expert. Reporting to the Vice President Academic, the instructor will research, develop, and instruct the College’s new Food Processing Management program, a key part of our new Centre of Specialization for Food Sciences Training.
- Responsible for both theory and practical instruction.
- Instructional responsibilities include preparation and delivery of subjects.
- Assist with curriculum development and/or revision.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
- Manage/evaluate all aspects of student progress in program.
- Other duties as required.
- Graduate degree(s) with a focus on Food Sciences, Microbiology, and Food Processing.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in food processing.
- Minimum five years experience in adult education, curriculum development, and educational technologies at a Canadian college is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Recognized project management skills.
- Team player with honesty and integrity and an aptitude for working in a collaborative environment.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Competition Number: 12-INSTR-45-ID
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.