The University of Waterloo is seeking an experienced Instructional Digital Media Developer, to join the Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) Course Production team.
This is a 12 month, full time position, with the possibility of extension.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Online learning has a long history at Waterloo, and is considered an area of strength for the institution. CEL has a staff of over 50 involved in the development, delivery, and management of over 300 credit and non-credit online course offerings with approximately 18,000 student course registrations annually. Approximately 60 new online courses are developed each year. A dedicated team of experienced instructional designers, developers and learning management system specialists, collaborate in a project-based environment on courses that run the gamut in terms of academic discipline.
- Extensive and demonstrated expertise in digital media development required, including the creation of static and animated graphics, multimedia presentations and interactive web-based simulations using industry-standard tools and techniques.
- Strong experience working with HTML and CSS (experience with the Bootstrap framework would be an advantage), knowledge of as well as an in-depth understanding of screen-layout constraints, web accessibility, usability and cross platform/browser issues.
- Expertise with digital video and audio editing would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively apply instructional and media design principles to help facilitate learning.
- Must have superior attention to detail.
- Proven ability to use good organizational and time management skills to plan and successfully complete development on multiple projects within tight and often conflicting deadlines.
- Proven ability to interact successfully with clients and subject matter experts, and communicate expectations as well as suggestions effectively and with tact and diplomacy.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a team environment.
Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate relevant examples of their work and complete a skills test.
Cover letter, resume and links to an online portfolio or relevant examples of work, should be emailed to Matt Justice, Course Production Manager.
In just half a century, the University of Waterloo, located at the heart of Canada's technology hub, has become one of Canada's leading...