The University of Waterloo seeks an Instructional Digital Media Developer to join the Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) Course Production team.
This is a 12 month, full time position beginning as soon as possible.
Duties for this position include:
- Designing/Developing interactive, conceptual graphics, animations, and web applications for use within uWaterloo online courses, using appropriate multimedia development technologies and techniques.
- Managing multiple projects on tight deadlines as well as the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, collaborating with course authors/instructors and CEL colleagues as required to meet course learning objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital media development, including the creation of static and animated graphics, multimedia presentations and interactive web based simulations.
- Advanced ability to use Flash and develop in ActionScript is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of screen-layout constraints, web accessibility, and cross platform/browser issues.
- Expertise with digital video and audio editing would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively apply instructional and media design principles to help facilitate learning.
- Ability to use good organizational and time management skills to plan and successfully complete development on multiple projects within deadlines.
- Ability to interact successfully with subject matter experts, and communicate expectations and suggestions effectively.
- Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate relevant examples of their work.
Detailed job description: http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00001497.html
Indeed - 2 years ago
The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded in 1957 and...