THIS IS A JUNIOR 8-MONTH CONTRACT POSITION.
Founded in 1845, the Toronto Region Board of Trade is Canada's largest local chamber of commerce. We connect 10,000 members and more than 200,000 business professionals and influencers throughout the region.
Our mission is to advance the success of our members and the entire Toronto region. We facilitate opportunities for knowledge sharing, networking, business development, and city building.
Involvement with the Toronto Region Board of Trade delivers valuable professional and personal advantages for businesses, volunteers and employees, and thought leaders.
The Inside Sales Representative, Information Services position, is responsible for selling the Board’s portfolio of business information products and services, including Contact Toronto, ExecuLeads and its suite of annual compensation, benefits and employment practices reports.
Working closely with product managers and marketing, the Inside Sales Representative will make outbound calls and facilitate targeted email campaigns to members and non-members of the Board. Product managers will provide call lists and be the subject matter expert (SME) resource when required.
The Inside Sales Representative will take orders; manage sales opportunities and update customer information in the Board’s CRM database, update provided call lists with necessary information, and will maintain a close relationship with the marketing team in order to action invoicing and fulfillment of orders to meet Board service standards.
- Using a consultative sales approach, conduct outbound calls to Board members, non-members, past purchaser’s and other prospects in an effort to sell the information services business products. Achieve established monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Meet with Manager and other departmental staff as required to develop campaigns, share feedback and review sales results. Completion of regular sales reporting as established by Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring timely updates and accuracy of information in Microsoft CRM.
- Contribute to special projects and programs pertaining to information services products and membership as required. This includes supporting the annual participation recruitment drive for the compensation and benefits surveys.
- Attend a limited number of Board of Trade events to promote and support the sale of information services products.
- Drive ancillary sales revenue for the Board of Trade as required. This may include, but is not limited to, event ticket sales, advertising sales, etc.
Post-secondary education and/or proven sales experience
- Minimum of two years of telephonic outbound sales experience, preferably in a business-to-business environment
- Strong communication skills are essential, with a mature and professional telephone sales approach; confident, clear communication with members and prospects.
- Ability to identify customer needs and successfully match the appropriate product(s) to the prospective customer.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office products, specifically Outlook email, Excel and Word. Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems a definite asset.
- Demonstrates teamwork through information sharing with membership team and internal departments. Ability to work with diverse teams and adapt to different approaches.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer and prospect inquiries.
- Positive attitude and an in-depth knowledge of the Board’s purpose, products and services, as well as adherence to the Board’s policies and acceptable procedures
- $14.00 per hour based on a 37.5 hour work week plus commission based on monthly sales targets. Benefits for 8 months.
One First Canadian Place (Bay and Adelaide Streets) in Downtown Toronto