Come Join the Market Leader!
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners, and other small components to build, repair and maintain a variety of systems and equipment. We are also the leading provider of communication products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems.
At Anixter, we believe everyone has the opportunity and the responsibility to be a leader. We have learned that leading companies are made, not born. We don’t hire people – we ask them to join our company to help make it better.
Anixter Canada is committed to the training and development of its employees. A few features you can expect from working with us include:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive employee benefit packages.
- Rewarding bonus programs.
- Educational and career development opportunities.
- A great working environment that is both highly professional, yet informal that promotes a relaxed, open-door atmosphere.
Due to our continued growth, we currently have a career opportunity within our Wire & Cable division located in Calgary. We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated team player who will develop accounts where Anixter can position its products and capabilities in order to assist the customer with solutions that best suits their needs. You will be responsible for:
- Uncovering new opportunities and buying centers within existing accounts
- Providing post-sales service by following through on orders/expedite orders/troubleshooting
- Cold and warm calls for new market initiatives
- Identifying customer requirements and recommend solutions in all facets of our business.
Qualifications: Reporting directly to the Wire and Cable Location Manager, the successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Several years of sales experience, preferably in the Electrical industry.
- Post Secondary education in related field an asset
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers at various levels.
- Ability to work with Outside Sales Reps to target potential customers.
- Ability to develop business plans to grow your business fully and implement the plan utilizing available resources.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and self motivation.
- Must have a record of success in cold calling, qualifying leads, positioning value-added services and closing business
- Competency in Lotus Notes, Sales Management Systems and Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be fast paced, goal oriented individual who can provide world-class service to our customers.
- Must be able to learn products, sales processes, and systems.
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to communicate and prioritize.
We are grateful for your interest to Anixter however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply please send your resume by March 28 2014. Please indicate the job title in your email application.
Anixter is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We committed to championing accessibility , diversity and equal opportunity. Request for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide occupational requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements know when contacted.