Come Join the Market Leader!
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners, and other small components to build, repair and maintain a variety of systems and equipment. We are also the leading provider of communication products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems.
At Anixter, we believe everyone has the opportunity and the responsibility to be a leader. We have learned that leading companies are made, not born. We don’t hire people – we ask them to join our company to help make it better.
Anixter Canada is committed to the training and development of its employees. A few features you can expect from working with us include:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive employee benefit packages.
- Rewarding bonus programs.
- Educational and career development opportunities.
- A great working environment that is both highly professional, yet informal that promotes a relaxed, open-door atmosphere.
Due to our continued growth, we currently have a career opportunity for a dynamic, highly motivated Inside Sales Representative for our Toronto East office. The ideal candidate is a team player who will develop accounts where Anixter can position its products and capabilities in order to assist the customer with solutions that best suits their needs. You will be responsible for:
- Uncovering new opportunities and buying centers within existing accounts
- Providing post-sales service by following through on orders/expedite orders/troubleshooting
- Cold and warm calls for new market initiatives
- Identifying customer requirements and recommending solutions in all facets of our business.
- Expected to occasionally visit customers as required
Reporting directly to the Location Manager – Industrial Group (Wire & Cable), the successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Knowledge of the Industrial Automation Industry – Products & Services an asset
- Minimum 2 years sales experience, ideally in industrial automation or with an OEM
- Ability to develop strong relationships at various levels, with customers and vendors.
- Proven track record in developing new sales and accounts.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, organized.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and self motivation.
- Eagerness for contributing beyond immediate duties and getting the job done.
- Computer skills including Windows business application software
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Excellent ability to communicate in English (written and spoken)
Critical to your success in the role will be your ability to prospect new business and to develop, maintain and manage strong and lasting relationships with customers.
We are grateful for your interest to Anixter however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply please send your resume by February 15 2014. Please indicate the job title in your email application.
Anixter is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Request for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide occupational requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements know when contacted.