Come Join the Market Leader!
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners, and other small components to build, repair and maintain a variety of systems and equipment. We are also the leading provider of communication products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems.
At Anixter, we believe everyone has the opportunity and the responsibility to be a leader. We have learned that leading companies are made, not born. We don’t hire people – we ask them to join our company to help make it better.
Anixter Canada is committed to the training and development of its employees. A few features you can expect from working with us include:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive employee benefit packages.
- Rewarding bonus programs.
- Educational and career development opportunities.
- A great working environment that is both highly professional, yet informal that promotes a relaxed, open-door atmosphere.
Due to our continued growth, we currently have a career opportunity for a dynamic, highly motivated Inside Sales Representative for our Calgary location. The ideal candidate is a team player who will develop accounts where Anixter can position its products and capabilities in order to assist the customer with solutions that best suits their needs. You will be responsible for:
- Uncovering new opportunities and buying centers within existing accounts
- Providing post-sales service by following through on orders/expedite orders/troubleshooting
- Cold and warm calls for new market initiatives
- Identifying customer requirements and recommend solutions in all facets of our business.
Reporting directly to the Location Sales Manager the successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a technical sales professional, ideally with communication products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems.
- Passion for sales with technical knowledge of Communication, Security and IP based infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Propensity towards exceeding expectations, through relentless execution of game plan.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, organized.
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Aggressive and assertive yet professional.
- Computer skills including Windows business application software and Lotus Notes
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
Critical to your success in the role will be your ability to prospect new business and to develop, maintain and manage strong and lasting relationships with customers.
To apply please send your resume to before August 30 2013. Please indicate the job title in the subject of your email application.