At DHL Global Forwarding, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE forwarding company for the world.
We have immediate career opportunities for an Inside Sales Executive. This position is based in Mississauga, ON however our markets are with international companies based across Canada. The successful Inside Sales Executive will promote and sell DHL’s services by phone to meet sales targets and generate revenue. In addition, the Inside Sales Executive will create and develop sales strategies and plans for effectively managing and growing DHL Global Forwarding accounts.
- Build a book of B2B international business through efficient prospecting, identifying new opportunities and cross selling and up-selling through a consultative sales process
- Place outbound sales calls daily with the specific purpose of educating customers on the benefits of using DHL Global Forwarding services and converting these conversations into sales
- Manage inbound sales calls with the intent of extending your contact to sell new or additional services and to provide customer satisfaction and retention
- Build sustainable, repeat revenue by increasing the scope of services / trade lanes the customer is purchasing from DHL
- Coordinate with sales management on implementation of B2B sales plans, including special promotional efforts
- Enhance the inside sales work environment through teamwork and focusing on solutions, and providing functional guidance, advice or training to less experienced Inside Sales Executives
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent telephone, written, active listening and oral communication skills
- Assertive demeanor, competitive nature, disciplined approach, willingness to learn, creative, brings a positive attitude and goal orientated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), database and web-based applications
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Requires manual dexterity and visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station. Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.