The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre is currently looking for a full time Infant & Toddler Educator for our Lampson location. The centre's hours of operation are 6:30am to 5:30pm, and required shifts may vary within these hours.
- After completion of the probationary period, the Military Family Resource Centre will pay 70% of your Extended Health and Dental benefits as well as 50% of your MSP!
- Three weeks paid annual vacation after only one year of employment
- RRSP matching plan available for up to 4% of your annual income (This is the equivalent of almost $1300 each year!)
- Up to 10 days of sick leave per year (this includes medical and dental appointments)
- Free Base Gym membership
- Free parking
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program (counselling)
- Professional Development opportunities are promoted
- Fully paid staff training days (two per year)
A successful applicant will be able to take on the following responsibilities:
- Plan, carry out, and continually evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with the Centre’s philosophy.
- Individualize the curriculum, incorporating aspects supportive of military lifestyle.
- Ensure guidance of children’s behaviour that encourages positive self-concept.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the services offered by the MFRC to facilitate referrals or additional services for parents and children.
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe.
- Ensure positive communication with and participation of parents.
- Contribute to the ongoing operations and development of the Centre, and the organization as a whole.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Belief in and practice of the mission and goals of the program
- Ability to build trust and positive relationships with families in the program
- Acts as a role model of appropriate behaviour
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the Child Care Team, facilitating a team environment through personal behaviour, work contributions, and the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Participation in the development of ideas for program enhancement.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Child-centred approach with recognition and appreciation of the uniqueness of the individual
- Support of the child and family to assist with the achievement of positive outcomes
- Energetic, resilient, and exhibiting a good sense of humour when personal resources are challenged.
- Effective interpersonal skills presented in a positive manner under all circumstances
- A high degree of personal initiative with good evaluative and organizational skills
- Continuing personal and professional development in related areas.
- Actively incorporates volunteers into the program area
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the profession.
Desired Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Valid Provincial Infant Toddler Educator’s License to Practice
- Valid First Aid Certification
- Documentation in accordance with Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that affect children of military families
- Valid driver’s license, class 4 preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, community members, fellow staff, and building personnel
- A mature sense of responsibility and accountability with respect to your profession
- Team approach
- Proficiency in French considered an asset
A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
About the Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre
In 1991, the Department of National Defence officially recognized the important...