INDUSTRIAL ADVISOR, WOOD PRODUCTS
FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit forest research centers. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry develop innovative solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favouring sustainable development and taking advantage of the industry’s vast scientific, technological and commercial capital.
Under supervision of the Technology transfer leader, the Industrial Advisor will be responsible for providing consulting services and technical support to the wood products industry (primary and secondary processing) in New Brunswick.
The candidate will work within a pan-Canadian multidisciplinary team and will be supported by FPInnovations’ team of researchers and industry advisors. They will work in collaboration with local institutions such as the Collège Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB), the Woodworking Centre of Excellence (WCE) of CCNB or the Wood Science & Technology Centre (WSTC) of New Brunswick University and the Forest Products Association of New Brunswick.
The position is offered for New Brunswick territory, but the exact location will be determined following discussions with the selected candidate.
- Provide marketing services to industry and promoters of first and second wood processing for manufacturing of value added products in the New Brunswick wood market
- Visit various plants on the New Brunswick territory. Advise and perform diagnostics on their marketing operations
- Develop marketing tools to support customers in the implementation of their network and sales strategy
- Produce activity reports for industry members, customers, financial partners and management
- Assist in the organization of a technical mission to introduce participants to new industry technologies by participating in company recruitment, logistics coordination, targeted market visits, distributors, etc.
- Perform R&D contractual work according to specific budgets and deadlines
- Develop a network of contacts within the industry
- University degree in marketing or equivalent training
- 6 to 10 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing, in both English and French
- Be familiar with the structure, policies and needs of the industry in terms of technology and products
- Knowledge of industry associations, equipment suppliers and government agencies that deal with the forest industry
- Be willing to travel
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Job type: Two-year contract with possibility of renewal