Endako Mines, a joint venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. And Sojitz Moly Resources Inc. is currently recruiting a full time Machinist.
Endako Mines is a 52,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake, allowing our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast. In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12. There is a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians. For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at www.endakomines.com or www.thompsoncreekmetals.com. For more information on our village, visit http://stuartnechako.ca/fraser-lake/.
Our full-time employees receive a competitive wage and benefit package that includes moving expense assistance. Both company and private rental accommodations are available locally at reasonable rates.
This position requires the successful candidate to re-locate.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Required to perform other mechanical duties and repair of equipment when needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a 4 year apprenticeship program
- Journeyman and/or Red Seal Trade Certification required
- 5 or more years of experience as a machinist, tool and die maker or machining tool operator
Endako Mines is a 52,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of...