IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST (Bilingual - English/French)
Job Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Stream Information Technology
Job Type Contract,Full-time
Duration 6 months
Number of Positions Open 1
Start Date of Employment ASAP
Posting Date 28-Jan-2013
Expiry Date 11-Feb-2013
Travel Required Not Required
Educational Requirements N/A
Languages Required English/French
This role is in the Retail Systems department and reports to the PCI PINpad Encryption Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Implementation Lead in the development and validation of project plans, schedules, procedures, documentation and tools to support the rollout of new PINpads to all Canadian Tire Associate stores.
The candidate will be responsible for specific work streams to ensure that all required processes are built and existing sustainable processes are modified to build and support the implementation of the new PINpads. The candidate will interface with inter-departmental teams and with our vendor partners to ensure all aspects of the implementation processes are detailed, documented and communicated accordingly. The candidate will also provide consulting, technical and logistical support to the Associate Dealers and their staff throughout the various phases and ensure that all task and activities are completed prior to the implementation.
- Assist in the development and validation of implementation project plans, procedures, documentation and tools during the various Implementation Pilot phases of the project (will be asked to provide feedback on French documentation).
- Provide full bilingual support to our Associate Store Dealers and staff throughout all activities and tasks required to ensure all implementation activities are completed successfully and as scheduled throughout the various phases of the project.
- Directly assist and support all vendor equipment configuration, staging and shipping activities including providing input to the process and any related documentation.
- Update all required schedules, documentation and database required for the Implementation Lead and other project team members to manage the rollout.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the rollout in conjunction with other members of the project team.
- Look for solutions and creative methods to resolve problems and work through issues encountered throughout the project phases.
- Work closely with business and user groups to identify major incidents, analyze and gather requirements and serve as a liaison between the implementation team and other technical, support, training, development, and business teams.
- Actively participate in planning and execution of pilot store sessions that may occur after normal business hours.
- Track and escalate any issues to Implementation Team Lead and Project Manager as required.
- Actively participate in project meetings on a regular basis and in post mortems sessions when applicable.
- Able to balance getting it done with getting it right.
- Assist in creating and delivering training to other team members as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and French.
- Proven background and experience with large national technology rollouts preferably in a retail environment.
- Ability to develop and implement processes and the supporting documentation required to successfully rollout and support new technology.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good attention to detail and strong presentation skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and QuickBase.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Quality focussed and customer oriented.
- Ability to plan and organise and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several work streams in tandem and meet deadlines.
- Strong time management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a supportive team member.
Nice To Have:
- Skills/knowledge in Project Management with ability to apply various methodologies.
- Microsoft Office Access 2007 database design
Required Positions and Skills
Positions (One of the following) Years of Experience
Project Manager 2
Core Skills (All of the following) Years of Experience
Project Management Nice to Have
TANDEM Nice to Have
Training Nice to Have
Documentation Nice to Have
none core skill (One of the following) Experience
Retail Nice to Have
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
GSI Group Inc. (GSIG) designs, develops, manufactures and sells lasers, laser systems, precision motion devices, associated precision motion...