The position involves long hours, heavy lifting, digging, and wheel-barrowing, forming and assisting in the project of the day. Starting wage is $15.
We are seeking motivated laborers to join a fast growing company. Must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
Construction laborers will be required to perform the following general duties as directed by the site supervisor:
· Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
· Assist with the forming, pouring and finishing on concrete projects.
· Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites
· Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete.
· Assist various tradespersons in construction activities.
· Assist in excavating, demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
· Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
· Able to use construction equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps and more
· Direct traffic at or near construction sites
§ Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
· Experience as a general construction laborer is required.
· Proof of Certificate of Training in Traffic control, WHMIS, Fall Protection is an asset but not required training to be provided.
This position may also include driving our work truck to transport employees and material to the job site if required. Our projects range from concrete construction, waterproofing and masonry work. Must be able to read, and speak English.
Must have a valid G license and access to a vehicle to get to our Yard. Please do not apply if you do not have a valid G license in good standing.