Corporate Performance Department
Human Resources Division
(Temporary for approximately eighteen months)
Posting No. 368(292)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
1. Coordinates and administers the processing of corporate HRIS for new hire/rehire/reactivation commencements, terminations, inactivations, transfers, promotions, demotions, reclassifications and salary changes (general economic increases, salary corrections, increments and market adjustments). Administers the starting and stopping of pay for automatically-paid employees.
2. Analyses, verifies, changes and completes the corporate human resource information change forms before applying employment, salary and other collective agreement changes into the corporate human resource information system. Calculates employees’ pay and increment dates.
3. Monitors and maintains all compensation-related data in HRIS which includes monitoring and assisting with the initiation of general economic increases for all unions and associations.
4. Creates and maintains jobs and positions, and control activities ensuring that employees are in the correct position, with the correct organization unit and budget information.
5. Provides training, direction, guidance and continued support to human resources staff and payroll staff in other departments regarding the human resource information system, staffing action form, City regulations and collective agreements related to payroll issues.
6. Researches and analyses situations or data, compiles data and produce reports in relation to HRIS, compensation and payroll verification, issue resolution and inquiries from employees, payroll staff, supervisors, managers, human resource consultants and external agencies.
7. Prepares and submit the annual staffing reports. Prepare reports for employee data contained within the HRIS in response to requests from authorized users with Human Resources.
8. Coordinates and implements the resolution of problems. Develops, implements and documents procedures required to control human resource/payroll information processing.
9. Maintains payroll and attendance records for vacation, sick, and other leaves for the Human Resources Division.
10. Maintains the corporate performance appraisal tracking system for unionized and exempt employees.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful complete of one year of a post-secondary human resources or accounting related program.
- Four years’ related experience working with automated human resource/payroll systems.
- Considerable knowledge of payroll terminology and practises, applicable federal and provincial laws, City regulations and union agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, and make decisions in accordance with, human resource policies and procedures, collective agreements and labour legislation.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail and work within deadlines.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work with related data-processing documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
$53,441 to $62,793 per annum.
For further information regarding this position, contact Human Resources.
Applications are to be received in Human Resources (City Hall) by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 2, 2014.