Memorable experiences for our Guests and Colleagues is the essence of being a Leader with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As a Housekeeping Supervisor your attention to detail will show the Housekeeping team that you are committed to providing luxury Guest experiences. The energy and enthusiasm you display will create a “fun” place to work.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle Guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure Room Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, Micros-Fidelio desirable
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and Guest
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Starting rate of pay: $20.00
Subsidized staff accommodation is available
Benefits include: Dental, Vision, Medical and Supplemental Health
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Location: This position is located at 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Alberta T0L 1E0
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!