Status: Part Time
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Housekeeper performs general housekeeping activities within the established guidelines for health and safety, infection control and quality management.
Additional position responsibilities include:
- Provide all aspects of environmental cleaning in assigned work areas;
- Using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, maintain optimal levels of infection control within the work area;
- Following standardized procedures, is responsible for all clearing within resident rooms, common areas and service areas within the home;
- Ensure privacy of residents during performance of duties;
- Prepare room for new occupant following prescribed procedures to ensure tour ready at all times;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Previous Housekeeping experience required;
- Ability to read, write English and follow written instructions;
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents and staff;
- Good understanding of chemical and equipment use;
- Ability to work independently or as a team;
- Certified in Health and Safety – preferred;
- Strong customer service skills.