As a national, non-profit organization, the Royal College speaks for more than 44,000 medical and surgical specialists and resident physicians. Royal College oversees the medical education of specialists and, as such, advocates for the best health and the best care for all.
Under the direction of the Meeting & Hospitality Services Coordinator , Event Management and Hospitality Services, as the successful candidate, you will act as Lead Hospitality Server for events held at Royal College facilities and offsite (as required), and provide administrative assistance for events.
Lead Hospitality Server (65-70% of role):
- Oversees set-up for events and assembly of food & beverage requirements
- Serves guests, assigns duties to servers, and oversees the activities of all servers
- Assists with troubleshooting audio visual and basic information technology equipment
- Monitors and responds to Hospitality Hotline calls
Administrative Assistance (30-35% of role):
- Prepares first draft of the server schedule for review by Meeting & Hospitality Services Coordinator
- Assists with preparing catering orders as well as beverage and supplies inventories
- Assists with development of training materials, manuals, and other hospitality-related documents
- Coordinates review and financial coding of supplier invoices and in-house food & beverage charges
You come to us with:
- College certificate or comparable specialized training, preferably in Hospitality and Restaurant Management
- At least two years of directly related experience
- Smart Serve certified
- Experience and passion for delivering excellent customer service and for maintaining and implementing hospitality standards
- High motivation, dedication to detail and accuracy, an ability to observe deadlines, to work independently or as a member of a team, to be flexible in adjusting to workloads
- Ability to motivate colleagues and work under pressure with tight time constraints
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
Working together for excellence in specialty medicine, Royal College is a national, not-for-profit, equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, a stimulating, professional work environment that advocates for healthy work/life balance.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your résumé, covering letter and salary expectations by November 15, 2013 via electronic address: royalcollege.ca To ensure the hiring committee reviews your application, please quote: reference number JD 856-IN, last name, first name in the email subject line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those under consideration.