We are looking for a Holiday Service Manager with experience in expedition cruising in remote Polar Regions ( minimum 3 year contract).
Applicants must have a minimum of 10-15+ years in a management position and a minimum of 10 years of expedition travel experience in Polar Regions (Canadian Arctic & Antarctic). The candidate must have direct experience in logistical operations, shipboard operations, accounting, sales office management and human resources. Marketing & sales experience in the UK, Australasian and Russian markets are key for product development.
Candidates with experience in small business environments and family business management will be given preference; as will applicants with direct experience and working knowledge of Sea Adventurer and expedition ships. Expedition field experience as Cruise Director and the ability to operate small watercraft and firearms is an advantage.
Experienced candidates are encouraged to apply and must have experience with the following duties they will be expected to fulfill;
- Ensure accounting standards met with regulating organizations and provide monthly reporting
- Direct responsibility for operating logistics - negotiation, programming development, permitting, follow up reporting
- Experience with shipboard planning and onboard operations
- Responsible for port operations, and overseeing of passenger arrangements
- Successful contract negotiation and itinerary planning with marine operators
- Coordinate information flow among Expedition Safety Operations, Cruise Operations, Community Logistics, Flight Logistics, Onboard Hotel Operations, Finance Dept., Sales and Reservations Dept. and Marketing Dept.
- Provide all documentation relevant to technical logistical updates and related legislation to Onboard and Shore Management
- Introducing/ Implementing and Managing new operational procedure both in office and onboard
- Understanding of operational protocols for client, environmental, and cultural safety
- Understanding of International developments in Polar Regions (eg. IATO & AECO)
- Responsible for maintaining HR standards, managing calendars, procedures, training and annual reviews
- Extensive Understanding of small business operations and implement strategies to strengthen the office team
- Ensure monthly sales targets are met or exceeded
- Manage, develop and build upon existing UK, Australasian and Russian relations. Experience with Australian travel agents a must.
- Experience with expedition cruise booking requests & customer service
- Cruise reservation platform systems experience a plus
- Manage sales, client services, accounting and marketing department
- Advise the President & Vice President on strategic business development and key corporate planning issues that relate and impact all operations of the company
- Keep the VP informed about business activities, performance, opportunities, and recommended courses of action
- Lead managers to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with the company's overall strategy
- Develop operational goals for each division which are aggressive, yet obtainable, and tied to long-term goals of the company
- Monitor division performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action, if necessary, is taken
- Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Extremely strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing, fast-paced working environment
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Expedition Field Duties (Position requires onboard presence during summer season)
- 10+ years experience working onboard expedition cruise ships with knowledge of Cruise Director duties
- Experience with Ice-Class expedition ships, specifically Sea Adventurer (formerly Clipper Adventurer)
- Coordinate information flow among Expedition Safety Operations, Cruise Operations, Community logistics, Flight logistics, Onboard Hotel Operations, Finance Dept., Sales and Reservations Dept. and Marketing Dept. while onboard
- Introducing/ Implementing and Managing new operational procedures while onboard
- Management of onboard procedures to ensure they are in accordance with applicable IATO and AECO standards
- Ability to carry out Zodiac and firearms operations is an asset
- College Degree recommended; however experience in expedition travel field is valued highly and is a requirement of position.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Adventure Canada is a family owned tour operator that specializes in Polar Expedition Cruising in the Canadian Arctic, Greenland, Labrador,...