Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
NOC code: 7312
Competition Number: LM0088
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Positions Available: 1
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Leavitt Machinery is seeking a Certified Jungheinrich Technician in our Fort McMurray location. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of Jungheinrich equipment.
Job Description Details
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor or PSSR on each job
- Ensure job details are discussed with customers to the customer's level of satisfaction
- Show flexibility to the customer in repair requests
- If diagnosis time exceeds 2 hours, seek help through local leadhand, chargehand, service manager or tech center
- Fill out work order forms for each job and secure customer signatures on all work order forms
- Complete all necessary warranty paperwork as instructed by the warranty administrator
- In the event of a safety incident, complete all necessary paperwork as laid out in the Leavitt Safety Program
- Track and follow-up on parts for ongoing jobs
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure all parts are present before traveling to site
- Represent Leavitt Machinery professionally.
- Must be an experienced Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade (Journeyperson) Certificate
- Certified Level 5 Jungheinrich Technician or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience with Jungheinrich equipment
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and
- electrical schematics and systems
- Previous Aerial & Lift Truck experience
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and minimal supervision.
Compensation & Other Details
- Earn $45.52 to $57.29/hour, depending on experience
- Permanent full-time position
- Full Benefits.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic - LM0088”
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease,...