“Hardware & a whole lot more”
Peavey Mart is a wholly Canadian owned and operated retail chain based out of Red Deer, AB with 29 stores throughout BC, AB, SK, and MB and one MainStreet Hardware location.
Position Profile – Health and Safety Coordinator
- Administer all aspects of the health and safety program, including WCB, and provincial legislation.
- Perform annual internal audits and act as a liaison for government authorities and external auditors.
- Develop programs, policies and procedures that align with the goals, strategies and objectives of the organization.
- Maintain MSDS
- Provide continual training and coordinate with health and safety reps at the stores and in the distribution centre
- Collect and analyze health and safety data / statistics and make recommendations to management for continual improvement.
- Provide communication among departments and to staff regarding the health and safety program.
- Maintain employee confidentiality to the highest standard.
- 2-3 years experience or related work experience.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Program Graduate
- Internal / External Auditor certification
- Strong working knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) and Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- A professional attitude required to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must project a positive image for the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is essential for this position.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing software is required
- Post secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Retail background an asset, but not required.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard