Environmental Refuelling Systems Inc is looking for a temporary HSE Assistant for a three to four month contract.
The HS&E Assistant is responsible for supporting all health, safety, and environmental programs. This person will provide support to the department while learning HS&E policies and processes. It involves a broad range of activities associated with the development, implementation, maintenance, and administration of corporate HS&E policies, programs, processes, and procedures.
- Responsible to: HS&E Manager
- Internal relationships: you will develop strong communications with the operations and transport teams, all onsite supervisors and field staff, and the office administration team.
- External relationships: you will develop close relationships with customers, vendors, and onsite safety personnel.
- Attend Toolbox Meetings, co-chair meetings, and take minutes for safety meetings
- Assist with orientations for new hires
- Contact employees and arrange for training that has been postponed/ missed
- Arrange for out-of-house training for new hires
- Update monthly score cards
- Perform workplace inspections
- Update MSDS’s
- Update and maintain HS&E training matrix
- Build matrices/spreadsheets as needed
- Ensure FLHA’s are being done and inform HS&E department of areas that are not
- Assisting with JHA’s and Job Physical Demands analysis
- Assist with accident/incident investigations
- Perform research for developing new policies and procedures
- Updating Complyworks/ISNetworld
- Distribution and ordering of PPE and safety supplies
- Assist with maintaining HS&E manual
- Assist with maintaining driver files and information.
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge in all Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer
- High School Diploma
- Completion of first year of an HS&E program.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills:
o Always approachable and professional in approach; a real “relator”
o Able to keep several projects moving forward at once; nothing slips through the cracks
- A strong “team player”
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to change
- Capable of working in an unsupervised environment:
o Proactive; doesn’t wait for instruction
- A commitment to excellence.
- Salary negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
To apply please send 1) Resume, 2) Cover letter, 3) References and 4) Salary Expectations to Leah Mawer. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.
Environmental Refuelling Systems Inc., is a family company commited to outstanding fuel management service to the industry.