Position: Full Time Guest Service Representative Posting: June 04, 2013
Department: Front Office Closes: July 7, 2013
Reports to: Rooms Division Manager Apply to: Will Horner
Fax number: (780) 425-1783
To assist the Rooms Division Manager and Front Desk Supervisors in the Guest Services Department and assist guests in all required matters. The position is entry level in nature and requires flexibility, dependability and creativity at all times. The Guest Services Representative will be responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment a guest arrives at the hotel until they check out. .
Guest Services Representatives will greet guests, perform all check-in and check-out functions, disburse room keys and inform guests about hotel facilities/services, accommodate guest requests, answer telephones, post charges and handle cash and credit card transactions. GSR’s are responsible for the daily Front Desk operations during their shift. Initiate and monitor shift checklists for proper completion of tasks.
Respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely manner. Manage and resolve all guest complaints (and compliments) if possible in a high level of professionalism and courtesy. Follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
Attend to daily operational requirements of guest recognition program, amenity program, and standard shift procedures. Provide effective communication to all departments of guests’ issues via the logbook & by completion of an incident report.
- Minimum three to six month’s hotel front desk experience is preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills- Aware of guest security requirements.
- Experience handling difficult guest situations. - Excellent written, oral and organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable with shift work.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, able to work through problems without supervision.
- Strong computer literacy, and experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Experience with MICROS’ Opera Express Property Management System an asset.
- Previous experience with HOLIDEX-Plus Reservation System an asset.
- Self motivated; always a positive outlook. - High level of creativity and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team member and leader.
Starting wage $13.29 per hour
After 6 months $13.81 per hour
After 1 year $14.33* per hour
This wage has been revised after annual COLA, as per CBA.