We are seeking a talented designer/production artist to become an integral part of our team. Reporting to the Creative Director, the ideal candidate will have exceptional enthusiasm for design and an appreciation for the sports marketing event segment. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, with a passion for details and is comfortable in both the digital and print worlds. Capable of producing visually compelling and sophisticated designs, they have the ability to follow and implement brand guidelines and principles.
In this role, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Design and development of website assets, banner ads, digital direct mail, promotional materials, print, billboards, and a variety of other graphic materials as needed.
- Support web development functions of marketing programs which can include the creation, development, and implementation of web based media.
- Liaises with creative team and account managers to meet marketing objectives, discuss effective creative direction, and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the improvement of marketing materials.
- Responsible for managing revisions to artwork and accuracy of information. Ensures accuracy of file set-up and specs for all out going artwork.
- Fulfill design projects from concept to completion (creative design, production and print/web ready files)
- Prepare files for digital and offset print production.
Basic job requirements include:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design and/or web design
- Preferably one (1) to three (3) plus years of related work experience
- Experience with basic CSS and HTML coding
- Flash, SharePoint or other applications experience a huge asset
- Understanding of web site structure, emails, digital assets and functionality
- Knowledge of the sports event environment an asset
- Technical knowledge of creative and production processes (web and print)
- Knowledge of PC operating systems an asset
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks, organize and multi-task
- Ability to develop ideas into functional finished assets
- Pre-press background and knowledge
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience working with CS5 with strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
This is a full-time, salaried position based out of Woodbine Racetrack. Normal office hours include Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but may vary based on operational need.