Sears is looking for a dynamic and innovative General Manager to join our team in our Prince George location.
1. Direct the execution of the plans, including financial, operating, human resources, marketing plans, etc.
Review and evaluate plans, and make revisions as required. Ensure policies/procedures are in place and
adhered to in accordance with Sears Mission, Vision, and Values.
2. Provide excellence in customer service by communicating, demonstrating, and ensuring the implementation
of corporate standards of customer service.
3. Provide leadership to management team reporting including, participating in recruitment, providing
coaching/training, conducting performance assessments, consulting associate development, etc. May also
participate in the management of unionized associates, including negotiations.
4. Direct the planning process of the store, in collaboration with General Sales Manager and appropriate
Headquarters team. This includes profit and loss plans, human resource plans, market development, etc.
5. Ensure self-development as well as development of the management team, including skills assessment,
succession planning, and creating, implementing and evaluating development plans.
6. Direct the management team in the day-to-day operations of the store. Manage and nurture the
collaborative/team dynamics to ensure effective cross- functional interdependency
Minimum of 4 years of experience in leadership capacity in a retail enviroment.
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated organizational/planning and analytical skills
Excellent leadership skills