Are you a self-starter who enjoys influencing others, while working for a thriving company who will support and cultivate your career? Do you have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to build quality relationships with a variety of teams on all aspects of the business?
On behalf of our client, a leading international manufacturer of portable and stationary grain-handling, storage, and conditioning equipment, we are currently recruiting for a General Manager for their new, state-of–the-art manufacturing facility in Swift Current, Saskatchewan. Reporting directly to the Vice-President, the General Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all divisional manufacturing and operating functions.
This role will appeal to an experienced, self-directed, results oriented leader that has the energy and enthusiasm to inspire, encourage and motivate the team to produce their best work and achieve the highest possible results.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Significant room for growth with manufacturing divisions in Canada, United States of America and Europe.
- Progressive agricultural manufacturing facilities.
- Exposure to diverse and unique projects.
- Growing organization with an expanding operational team.
- Challenging and rewarding career in a family friendly community that offers balance and a high quality of life.
- Maintaining an active knowledge of production matters with a hands’ on approach to managing a fast paced business.
- Maintaining and growing sales volume, manufacturing capacity and profitability.
- Providing leadership to the sales and marketing team.
- Providing leadership to the manufacturing, engineering and research & development teams, and is responsible for the implementation of manufacturing changes and capital equipment upgrades.
- Developing and maintaining divisional strategic business plans and operating budgets.
- Developing and maintaining of positive employee relations and effective health & safety practices.
- Establish, prioritize and support problem solving efforts and continuous improvement projects aimed at reducing costs and increasing productivity.
- Maximize the effectiveness of the division’s human resources to ensure the existing level of competency meets today’s operating needs and that resources are being developed to meet the organization’s future needs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant manufacturing industry background, preferably with steel fabrication, with at least 5 to 7 years previous experience in a General Manager role.
- Significant responsibility for Sales and Marketing.
- Previous experience and understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing significant operational growth and business integration including product innovation in an aggressively expanding and highly competitive industry.
- An effective communicator, leader and trainer who can work with all levels of management and non-supervisory employees to execute the responsibilities of this role.
- Proven accountability for developing and executing divisional operating budgets that support the manufacturing plan
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage change, combined with demonstrated general management/entrepreneurial leadership competencies and a problem solving mindset
- Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Post-secondary education in an Engineering Discipline or Business Administration or equivalent industry experience.
This role will appeal to a true leader and a champion who believes in collaborating with innovative teams, has organizational savvy, and likes to take initiative. If you have a strong manufacturing background, an interest in farming and agriculture, and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply via indeed.
Indeed - 5 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...