General Accounting Supervisor
Ludlow Technical Products Canada Limited (Covidien), is a world leader in the manufacturing of disposable monitoring medical devices, located in Gananoque, Ontario. We have an immediate job opening for Accounting Supervisor.
Accounting Supervisor is an accounting professional who manages and improves business and accounting controls, procedures and processes to comply with our company policies and service internal / external customers of our organization. This position is responsible for managing the General Accounting and payroll functions & is responsible for the preparation of financial reports & general ledger.
This position will report to the Plant Controller. The ideal candidate must be hands-on with strong organization skills and ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast paced environment. This position will work in a team comprising of four team members and supervise payroll coordinator.
- Insure all accounting tasks are performed in a manner that complies with Covidien Policy.
- Responsible for recording, reconciling, tagging, and managing cycle counts of all Fixed Assets and also includes monitoring and reporting construction in progress accounts.
- Insure accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable transactions requiring feedback from 3rd party processor, travel expense vouchers, benefit and government remittances. Bi-monthly Accounts Payable invoice audit for taxes.
- Timely, accurate preparation of the monthly financial statements, account reconciliations and corporate month-end reporting packages.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- May establish modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Complete annual Sarbians Oxley (SOX) assignments as an Assessor.
- Responsible for the payroll function including reporting and remittance of appropriate taxes and reconciliation’s for year-end reporting. Acting as backup for processing payroll in clerk’s absence.
- Co-ordinate, record and perform monthly reconciliation of all inter-company transactions including Hedging, Cash Pooling and Netting transactions and monthly hedging forecasts, restricted stock and stock options..
- Annual preparation of supports schedules for income tax returns.
- Accounts Receivable monthly cash application.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar. Accounting designation or minimum 3rd year level – CGA, CMA or CA
- Organized individual with high integrity and motivation to drive change.
- Strong business acumen with minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in managing accounting function in manufacturing environment with an ability to manage Payroll.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problems solving and organizational skills.
- Be able to drive continuous improvements, change and results.
- Strong knowledge of accounting/analytical/statistical tools.
- Must have strong computers and software skills – Excel, MS Office etc.
- Training, coaching, and facilitation skills in order to drive results through collaboration and in a team environment.
- Be the “Go To” expert for accounting processes and procedures.
- Must be able to provide satisfactory criminal background check.
Interested applicants should submit their resume online at