The Games Institute, a research centre located in the Department of English Language and Literature, requires a Project Manager to be responsible for the financial, reporting, and other administrative functions for the Institute and its research network. The Project Manager dedicates 20% of his/her time to supporting other research finance accountability in the Faculty of Arts.
The Games Institute advances research and knowledge in game-related interactions and technologies. It is a multidisciplinary research enterprise that draws on expertise, at the University of Waterloo and among its partners, in such fields of games research as multi-platform games, narrative and games, gambling, online player behaviour, simulation, health and wellness, and games for education. The Games Institute is funded in part by a $2.5M, six-year SSHRC Partnership grant.
- Hold a university degree, preferably in accounting, business, or a related field, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Have extensive financial management experience, including preparation of budgets, financial reports, business plans, and reports to government agencies;
- Have proven administrative leadership in a growing enterprise involving complex institutional relationships, preferably in a research context;
- Have proven team leadership skills, be a strong team player with equivalent ability to work independently and with minimal direction;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Have advanced organizational skills and proven attention to detail;
- Have advanced business computing skills;
- Exemplify commitment to consultation, consensus-building, and forward-thinking;
- Demonstrate ability to plan for long and short-term objectives.
This position is contingent on funding.
For full job description, visit http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00006260.html
Qualified candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume by February 17th
Indeed - 23 months ago
The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded in 1957 and...