Come Join the Market Leader!
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of communications products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems. Anixter is also the leading provider of electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners, and other small components to build, repair and maintain a variety of systems and equipment
At Anixter, we believe everyone has the opportunity and the responsibility to be a leader. We are interested in people who expect nothing less than the best from themselves and their company.
Anixter Canada is committed to the training and development of its employees. We offer a competitive compensation, benefit and retirement packages.
Anixter’s Edmonton facility requires dynamic, highly-motivated, organized team-players to pick, weigh, pack, label and prepare for transportation goods and stock materials.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Available to work the afternoon shift (2pm to 11pm)
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Utilize mobile hand held devices for tracking shipments.
- Safely climb in and out of trailers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally).
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
Skills & Experience:
- Prior warehouse experience is a plus.
- Prior forklift with valid certification and counter balance experience preferred.
- Prior experience loading and unloading trucks preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
To apply please send your resume by email or fax 780-451-3888 to the attention of Matt Mauti by February 15 2014. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. We are grateful for your interest to Anixter however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anixter is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Request for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide occupational requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements know when contacted.
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of communications products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems. Anixter is...