Positions Available: Banquet Captain
Salary: Rate will be determined based on qualification
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as Possible
Location: Dining Center, 169 University Gate NW, Calgary AB
Nature of the Work
- Follows established policy guidelines, procedures and standardized practices of the Catering Department.
- Ensure catering associates follow established policy guidelines, procedures and standardized practices of the Catering Department.
- The work is driven by volume and complexity of events. There is a constant need to assess abilities of associates and train new service staff
- Work involves both administration and operations.
- Hours and days of work will fluctuate according to volume and type of events.
This key position ensures that catered events are carried out meeting established standards and expectations of the Catering department.
- Coordinates with managements and supervisors of all aspects of catering events including planning and successful execution of assigned duties.
- Directs the work of up to 8 catering associates at one time out of total casual workforce of approximately 60 associates.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting quality customer service within established policy, procedures, guidelines and standardized practices of the Catering Department.
- Supervisory experience in the Hospitality industry 1-2 years.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Reporting to the Banquet Manager, Banquet Supervisor and Banquet Captain oversees day-to-day functions of the Banquet department and staff. Responsibilities include supervision and support of employees while ensuring service standards are maintained.
- Acts as supervisor at events, supports Servers and act as liaison between client and catering associates when Supervisor is not present.
- Ensures all catering associates meet or exceed sanitation standards
- Monitors cash handling especially at liquor functions and ensures accurate reconciliation and cash deposits.
- Will be required to deliver and set up events at locations through out campus. Ensures that labour costs and budget are strictly controlled by maintaining close supervision and adjusting associate schedules as events allow.
- Takes inventory of food, paper and cleaning products and request Supervisor/Manager
- Will be required to perform room set ups as specified by floor plans.
- Will be required to work shift as assigned by Banquet Manager.
- Maintain and enhance staff morale by "leading by example" and lead a positive team environment
- Adhere to Chartwells safety policy.
- Proactively analyses, develops and revamps internal processes to create new ways of providing unique and innovative services ideas and incentives.
- Effective performance management through focus on colleague development training, problem resolution, maintaining up-to-date records on performance, attendance, grooming, service deficiencies, schedules, labor costs/payroll, and late/absenteeism.
- Conduct daily pre and post meal period briefings.
- Maximize on cost control opportunities through optimal scheduling and maintenance of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply today! Competitive wages and full benefit.
Please forward your resume with Bistro server in the title and the availability. Or fax it to 4032108934. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted