MEOW Foundation (MEOW) is seeking a Part-Time Foster Home Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will have experience in animal services and care deeply about cats, work well with people and consistently deliver on his/her commitments and responsibilities.
Reporting directly to the Intake Manager, the responsibilities of the Foster Home Program Coordinator include:
- Placement of foster cats and kittens into available foster homes using MEOW Foundation’s database system and adhering to MEOW’s policies and guidelines
- Management of foster home resources to ensure foster home capacity to provide necessary care and socialization of cats
- Tracking, ordering and providing/delivering all necessary supplies to foster homes
- Overseeing the health and wellness needs of foster cats and kittens, including the tracking and authorizing of vaccines, spay/neuter surgeries and all other necessary medical requirements
- Liaising with the Adoption Department to ensure all foster cat health/medical requirements are completed in preparation for adoption
- Hosting of foster home orientation evenings
- Partaking in field work which includes humane trapping of homeless mothers and kittens
Skills & Qualifications:
The Adoption Specialist must work well with people and have experience interacting with the public in a professional manner. Additionally, the successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills, excellent judgement and composure, as well as superior problem solving skills. Detailed documentation skills and timely communication are essential to the success of foster home placements and adoptions.
The Foster Home Program Coordinator must have a home computer with current version of Word, Excel, Internet Explorer or Firefox, internet access, printer and telephone line. Access to a vehicle is also essential as considerable driving is required in this role.
Time Commitment and Working Conditions:
The number of hours per week required will vary based on time of year and will be highest during kitten season (April to October). On average, the Part Time Foster Home Program Coordinator should expect to work between 5 and and 20 hours per week.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
About MEOW Foundation:
MEOW Foundation (Make Each One Wanted) is a Calgary-based no-kill registered charity and humane society that rescues abandoned cats and matches them to adopters and foster homes. We advocate for responsible, compassionate animal care through our programs, education and community outreach.
Since 2000, MEOW has found permanent homes for over 5,700 abandoned cats. MEOW provides subsidized spay/neuter services to more than 100 low income families per month. MEOW also helps control and decrease the feral cat population in Calgary through our Trap-Neuter-Return program.
Please click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter in confidence.