Buhler Furniture Inc. is a manufacturer of finest quality wood furniture. Our products are made with pride in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and come with an industry leading Certified Forklift Operator. Working in a manufacturing environment, this role requires a “hands on” Forklift Operator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading goods on to the forklift in a systematic procedure. (Inside and Outdoors)
- Following proper handling procedure of the goods.
- Responsibility of conducting regular inspection of the forklift to ensure its safety and ability of performing the operations.
- Assisting shipping department.
- Maintaining and working in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration norms.
- Coordinating work with the warehouse staff and efficiently carrying out the orders of the supervisor.
- Checking, counting and weighing of inventory.
- S/He has to receive, check, count, verify, sort and classify materials and equipment by stock number, condition and other classifications and note them down in relevant logs.
- S/He may need to unpack cartons and boxes to check the material and then again seal them.
- S/He has to compare data against the documents given by the management and note irregularities if any.
- S/He has to be careful while handling fragile items.
- Has to be very familiar with fork lift operation, maintenance and its upkeep.
- Assisting with outside maintenance, including but not limited to, snow removal, sanding to prevent slipping, shoveling and other general maintenance duties as required from time to time.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate work with co-workers and take orders from superiors.
- Awareness of the safety and official procedures for handling good and supplies.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and deadlines.
- A fork lift operator needs to be an honest, accountable and sincere person.
- S/He should take full care of objects while transporting and avoid any breakage, damage or scratch.
- S/He should be watchful against any loss, theft or misplacement of objects.
- S/He ought to have good physical strength and ought to be able to lift weights with or without equipments when necessary.
- S/He out to be efficient in safety management and ought to be able to work without a lot of direction
Education and Qualifications
- High school graduate or a GED equivalent from an accredited institution, with a valid forklift certification. Technical savoir-faire of operating sit down and stand up forklifts. Must have 2 years of forklift operating experience.
Salary – Negotiable – Depending upon Experience
Qualified applicants please forward your resume along with your salary expectations. Thanks to all those who apply, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago