Are you seeking a career with a global leader here in the Cambridge area? Do you have experience operating a propane forklift in a crossdocking/transportation/trucking environment? Do you have a reliable track record? Do you have a clear criminal background? Are you willing to go the extra mile to serve the company that you work for? Then we would like to meet with you about an upcoming opening with our client! This is temporary to permanent position in their Cambridge location. Shift will be 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Starting wage will be $16.00/hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for transporting freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment,
Including, but not limited to forklift, pallet jack, hand truck
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Verify documentation matches freight description, including, but not limited to type,
Weight, and hazardous materials, using current electronic and manual system
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not
Limited to pallets, straps, rope
- Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum Grade 12 education (Must have proof of completion)
- Must have basic computer entry skills
- MUST HAVE previous cross dock experience
- Valid Forklift and Transportation of Goods certification
- Able to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow instructions and complete required training
- Able to work alone or as a team member
Interested candidates can send their resume through Indeed with the subject line Dock Worker. We thank all those who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Hunt Personnel is fully compliant with AODA standards and is committed to providing accessibility to all applicants.
For 44 years, Hunt Personnel/Temporarily Yours has built a reputation as a highly respected and successful recruitment and employment...