The Fleet Maintenance Manager will report directly to the District Manager and will serve as an integral member of the Districts Safety and Operational Teams to insure all policies and procedures are followed. The Fleet Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for the daily operation of the fleet maintenance department(s) within his/her designated area ensuring that all fleet operations adhere to company policies in regard to quality repairs, shop safety, finances and technical training.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and conduct employee observations.
- All aspects of maintenance on a fleet of 70 trucks, 2 shops and a transfer station.
- Maintain a daily P&L and spending forecast to budget
- Schedule, approve and maintain PM inspections and mechanical repairs.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance and programs are maintained per company policy.
- Review all Repair Orders and Daily Vehicle Reports
- Maintain company guideline of 1% mechanical downtime.
- Ensure warranty recovery meets it full potential, track and record all claims.
- Ensure that all maintenance and repair activities are properly documented.
- Sustain an effective parts inventory.
- Work with vendors to negotiate pricing and best cost effective products.
- Provide safety and technical training for all shop employees.
- Ensure fleet vehicles meet MTO compliance according to provincial laws.
- Ensure the proper management and control of parts inventories.
- Hiring, scheduling and discipline of all maintenance staff.
- Maintain a productive cost effective container repair department and necessary staff.
- Maintain a working inventory of containers.
- Purchasing of all equipment and containers.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in fleet maintenance or transportation field.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction and instruction to subordinates in a clear concise manner.
- Valid DZ driver license.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to lift and move items in excess of 50lbs.
- 310T mechanics certification or strong technical background.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills with experience in Excel and Vehicle Management Systems.
Indeed - 17 months ago